Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Settling In

So I'm settling in to a life in Wilmington NC ... I don't want to get too settled in, but I think I'll like it here for a long time even though some want me to move out to Alabama and even others back out to the midwest. A lot is happening here under the surface and in four or five or fifteen years this place will be very different. Its growing, and out of all the places I've been the last few years: I might be able to make a tiny dent of a difference here.

I'm still working at DD and I actually enjoy it. I don't know why, I just do. The drama stays away from me for the most part. Then, I don't really talk to people there either. There's a few people I've hung out with after work, and I'm pretty sure they think I'm a little bit out there. But then who doesn't?

I really enjoy most of the people at DD ... there's a few that I don't like, but the afternoon crew is a trip. They talk about funny stuff. I don't repeat it, so they keep talking. Either that, or they think I'm not paying attention. Maybe both.

My programming job has kind of stagnated due to my phone being destroyed by my self-destructive technology directed temper. But a new one is on the way. I can't wait to actually get some coding done. That'll be nice. I've managed to do up some limited code, but without a way to actually see how the device reacts to certain things, I can't really do much.

The boat will start getting the bottom all prettified along with some fiberglass repair here shortly with it hopefully getting in the water before March. At least before the end of March. There are no words for how much I can't wait to get it in the water and do some sailing. I feel so utterly helpless stuck on land.

Until next time,

Robert Landers
S/V Blue Macs

No comments:

Post a Comment