This is the story of Quinton Donnally and the striped water bottle that went back in time...
I swear to you, I just saw a velociraptor eat Evan ... If I could only get back to where I was a few hours ago ... if only.
My name is Quinton, most people call me Quinn. My day started out fairly normal. I woke up, late for work as usual. I clambered out of bed and somewhere between hopped and crawled across the room to cut off the alarm clock. I was up late last night, getting together the last bit of numbers for today's meeting (which was ironically going on right that very second as I was staring at the clock thinking 'oh shit'). So, I got dressed faster than canned air wearing yesterday's clothes.
I left my apartment, 622 Ringold, and started jogging to work. I fumbled for my cell, and realized it was dead. So great, I'm late and I can't even tell them I'm coming. At this point I guess I thought I was screwed anyway. So, I jogged into my favorite coffee shop.
Evan waved at me (the guy who usually makes my coffee) as I came in breathing heavily.
"Hey boss, back already?" He asked, and he must be confused because I just woke up.
"Yeah, yeah I am. I'm so fucking screwed." I pretend to look at the menu, "I'll get the usual."
"Can't today boss, stupid thing broke half an hour ago."
I think my jaw hit the ground.
"Seriously, you can look at me with disbelief all day long, but no coffee until the repair man gets here."
"I'll just get some of those peaches and a root beer," I grumble discontently.
He smiles, "Out of root beer."
"Ok, water then," NOT my day. And it was about to get way way worse.
He sets the bottle of water on the counter with the peaches and I pay him. I twist the cap on the water bottle and it doesn't even budge. Out of nowhere Evan shouts, "Holy shit batman, where the fuck did you come from!?"
I look up, surprised since I'd never heard Evan cuss, though I suspect there's probably a lot about Evan I don't know.
"Dude, how did you get in here? I haven't even unlocked the door yet!" His face says he's serious. But he's pulling my chain, got to be.
"I just teleported in here Evan, you know I'm a super hero right?"
"Right." He comes around the counter grabs my wrist and starts to drag me towards the door. In my infinite wisdom I try to hit him with the water bottle that is still in my hands. I must have done something right because suddenly the room is full of people and its pouring rain outside and he's passed out on the ground still holding my wrist.
No comments:
Post a Comment