So a lot has been happening here on Blue Macs in the past month. I've been unable to find a decent paying job doing something I want to do instead of something I have to do. Jessica has moved on board and hasn't been able to find a job period. I love this town I really do, and I'd love to stay and be near my brother, however, looking at job openings here vs. further south... We're heading south.
So, I've been sending off resumes to companies down there so hopefully I can just get an interview and get us all set up before we ever even leave the dock. Blue Macs still needs some work before any long term sailing can be done, but its mostly cosmetic at this point. The boat is back in the water now, it's been up on the hard for the last several months waiting on some glassing to be done to the keel. Feels awesome to be rocked to sleep by mother nature again.
![]() |
| Fiberglass fixed up and ready to go! |
![]() |
| Yeah, she knows how to hover too ... |
![]() |
| Going down? |
![]() |
| Just as we started the engine we heard a klunk ... turns out the alternator belt snapped. Easy fix. |
![]() |
| Blue Macs going in her slip. |
I've been teaching Jessica the basics of the boat ... I'm sad that I'm such a horrible teacher, but she's patient with me and learns quickly. Hopefully over the course of the next few months I'll have her able to sail Blue Macs by telling me what to do ...
And that's all for now ... still trying to find compressed natural gas in North Carolina and just not having any luck whatsoever.
Until next time,
Robert Landers
S/V Blue Macs





No comments:
Post a Comment